UK Space Sector and Collaboration Opportunities
April 22 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
The US Department of Commerce invites you to a thought leadership roundtable. Hear from industry experts on the current state of the UK space sector, and learn what industrial collaboration will help the UK achieve its space sector goals.
The United Kingdom’s space industry is experiencing dramatic growth. It has trebled in size since 2000, outperforming the global space economy. The business segment enjoys a $20 billion annual turnover and commands a 5.1 percent share of the total space market. The UK’s expertise in satellite innovation and manufacturing has also led to a thriving academic and R&D network.
The United Kingdom has ambitious plans to capture 10 percent of the global space market by 2030. During this virtual roundtable discussion, you will hear from industry experts and the opportunity to interact with them on a range of topics including:
• UK’s ambitions for a sovereign GNSS space program;
• Plans to further develop its capabilities in Earth Observation satellite manufacturing;
• Develop capabilities to monitor space environments to prevent collisions;
• Which space products are planned for reuse or recycling through In Orbit Servicing; and
• Setting groundwork for launch capability.