- This event has passed.
E Award Informational Calls
February 23 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The President’s “E” Award was initiated by Executive Order of President John F. Kennedy in 1961 and has been presented annually ever since. The President’s “E” Award affords suitable recognition to persons, firms, or organizations which contribute significantly in the effort to increase U.S. exports. There are two types of “E” Awards.
• The President’s “E” Award for Exports is awarded to exporters of goods or services.
• The President’s “E” Award for Export Service is awarded to organizations that help others to export.
Winners of the “E” Award are authorized to fly the blue and white banner, to display the accompanying certificate of commendation which is signed by the Secretary of Commerce in the name and by the authority of the President, to wear and issue to employees an “E” lapel pin, and to refer to the award in their advertising.
We have a series of conference calls to discuss the criteria for the Award along with the application process. If you’re interested in applying, you are strongly encouraged to participate in one of the calls. At the end of the call you’ll be able to:
• Determine if your company/organization is a candidate for the Award.
• Identify information required for submission.
• Be able to complete the application.
• Understand the components of a successful application.
• Be familiar with the processes and timelines for application submission, review, and approval.